Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Weekend Fun

I began writing this post on Sunday, but never got around to finishing it. Thus, the reason for several posts in one day. I'm going to try to be better at that and post once a day or every other day. We'll see how that goes.

We had a pretty fun weekend. Grant had his first roll call on Friday, which is basically like a frat party for fighter pilots and IPs of that squadron only. No one else is allowed to go, and I'm told they sing songs, tell jokes, and drink a little. I'm sure you get the picture. Let's just say I got the phone call to pick him up at 9:30pm, after he had been gone all day. He pretty much passed out on the couch when he got home and of course Wizzo had fun biting Grant's hand. I took videos of Wizzo biting him, but Grant says I'm not allowed to post them. :) This week is his 4th week, so almost halfway done! He's had 6 flights so far, with 13 more to go. He seems to be doing well, so keep him in your prayers.

On Saturday afternoon, we decided to head to Tupelo for something to do. I felt bad, but we left Wizzo at home alone for about 6 hours. He stayed in the kitchen, where I put down a couple of pee pads and gave him a bit of food before we left. He was very hungry when we got back home, but only peed on the floor once! He peed on the pads the other times and no poop! I was impressed. :)

In Tupelo we decided to check out the mall (who doesn't want to go to the mall?!?) and then we were going to eat at Kyoto, a Japanese steakhouse and sushi bar, but the wait for a hibachi table was over an hour, so we ended up going to Abner's, where they claim to have famous chicken tenders. We split an 8 piece meal, with half fried chicken and half grilled chicken. It also included fries, cole slaw, and a piece of garlic bread. It ended up being really, really good. We also stopped at Best Buy before we headed back to Columbus.

Obviously I wanted to shop more, but we didn't have the time, so hopefully I can go back to the mall and also stop at Kohl's this week, maybe Friday. I got a 30% off coupon from Kohl's, so I have to use it, right?? :)

It was nice to get away for a change and feel like you are in a normal place. It funny because the atmosphere is totally different up there than it is in Columbus. You wouldn't think it would change that much, but it definitely does. I don't think I would mind living in Mississippi [as much] if I lived in Tupelo.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pretty fun weekend.

    Find all weekend deals and coupons @ http://www.dailynewdeals.com

    ReplyDelete