Saturday, April 4, 2009

Crockpot Salsa Chicken

This was absolutely delicious and couldn't have been easier! I found this recipe at Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen a while ago and knew that Grant would love it, so I put it in my "to try" folder. I threw it together in about 5 minutes in the morning, and it was ready for us to eat at dinner time! I definitely recommend this recipe. The chicken was moist and had great flavor. We'll probably keep this on our menu list.

Crockpot Salsa Chicken
(Source: Busy (Mrs.) B. in the Kitchen)

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts (about 1-2 pounds)
1 jar (about 1 1/2 c.) salsa
1 can black beans, drained
1 1/2 c. frozen corn
Shredded cheddar cheese (for serving purposes)

Directions:
Combine chicken, salsa, beans, and corn in crock. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours. Ours cooked about 8-9 hours on low and was perfect.

Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese (we didn't do this because I forgot! I did throw together an oven-baked double decker quesadilla from Rachel Ray's 365 meals cookbook as our side).

No comments:

Post a Comment