Okay, well Day Two officially, but I meant to post this yesterday. Grant has started the next phase of fighter training, where he will learn fighter fundamentals such as dog fighting, offensive/defensive, etc. Up to this point, he has just been learning how to fly the jet basically, now he will learn how to fight. He has an anticipated graduation date of May 11, after which we'll head to Seymour-Johnson AFB in Goldsboro, North Carolina for F-15E training.He also found out that he will need to complete water training before he can fly at SJ, although he was told that he didn't need it while he has been waiting here at Columbus. It is frustrating because he has had since September to be able to complete the one week long course, but they've never given him a RIP or orders for it. Well, now he will have to do it between May 11 and June 6, provided he can even get into a class. He's hoping to be able to do it shortly after graduation so that he can get back here to Columbus to help me pack up and move out around the 27th of May. I'm hoping so too, because I don't really want to do my first AF move on my own!
Anyway, please keep Grant in your thoughts and prayers for the next couple of months as he goes through this advanced training. I'm sure it will be stressful, but I'm confident he will do a great job!



Will be thinking and praying for you Grant....and you too, Jen.
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
MOM Mattox