Friday, February 13, 2009

Stitches Are Out

I went to the surgeon's office this morning to have my stitches removed. It was really simple. I was probably in there for about 2 minutes, and that included removing the bandaids I had on and asking any questions. She simply cut the top knot of the stitch and then pulled it out from the bottom. I didn't feel a thing really. It kind of ached for a short time after that, but my skin is also irritated from the bandaids. I had on the flexible kind that are made of the thicker material, and my skin is still red, 8 hours later. The nurse gave me some latex free bandaids that will cover the whole area, so now I only have to wear one instead of two. She said the little white strips will dissolve over time and it's okay to get it wet, so that means I can shower now! Yay for no more baths! By the way, they said it was just a cyst, so that's good news! I have to go back for a follow-up appointment in 2 weeks. Here are some pictures we took on Sunday the 8th, after I was allowed to change the bandage. You can see how red & sticky my skin was!

No comments:

Post a Comment