Monday, February 9, 2009

Introducing...

WIZZO!! Meet the newest member of our family!
He is an 8 week old Yorkshire Terrier, and we think he is absolutely adorable! He was born December 11, 2008, so he will be 9 weeks old this Thursday. We bought him from JJ's Lovable Pets in Woodland, MS. I have been looking (and researching) Yorkies for the past couple of weeks, and I had found a few that were going to be available right about now. I didn't want to spend an outrageous amount of money, but I also wanted one that would stay a darker color as an adult, as opposed to silver. All Yorkies will change color as they age, turning from black to brown/blonde and a "steel blue". I saw this little guy and decided to just call the place and find out details. On a whim, I asked her if we could stop by (yesterday) and so we did and ended up leaving with our little baby! :)
Everything was going well last night...he was playful and slept for about 4-5 hours before he was whining and I took him outside to go potty. He then whined for 10 minutes straight when I put him back in his basket beside our bed, but he was okay after that. About an hour later though, he started whining and never really stopped. I smelled poop, so I checked him and he had gone again! At 6:30, I decided to see why he was still whining...he had peed and pooped again. I got up and realized that he was now having diarrhea. Great. I basically followed him around for 2 hours with newspaper trying to catch anything. He was also dry heaving every now and then. I felt so bad. I was able to make an appointment at a vet, so off we went. She said he should be fine and gave me some medicine to give him. She also said he weighs 3.25 lbs! Wizzo has basically slept most of the day, but he did get to play outside with some of the neighbor dogs. He's so funny to watch run around because he's still learning how to run and jump!

This is his favorite sleeping spot...right on my lap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment