Edit: I'm not starting until Monday 8/31. Apparently this week is crazy with school starting, so to keep things a little less hectic for me and all the others involved, I'm starting next week after everything settles down and is a little more organized!
That's right, folks. You heard me correctly...I HAVE A JOB!!!!! And I start this Tuesday! Gone are my days of being a lazy bum--er, awesome housewife!
It's been almost a year since I have worked. My last day at the nursing home was 9/11/08, but I did work for them for 3 weeks again while Grant was at survival training. Still, it's been a long time. I'm a little nervous that I won't know what I'm doing, but then I remember that I'm going to be working with kids, and they won't be able to tell if I'm doing things right! ;) I'm sure it will be rocky for the first couple of weeks, but my supervisor will be there, and it will all come back...just like riding a bike!
I'm not 100% sure of where I'll be working, so I'll update about that after my first week. I believe it will be 2 days at a headstart, with a few home visits after that, and then 2 days of office visits and traveling to homes and daycares. As much as I'd love to be in one place and not have to lug all my materials around, I think it will be nice to be constantly changing. It'll make the day go faster, and (hopefully!) I'll never get bored!
Wish me luck! I'm going to be a big girl again! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



That a girl!! Congrats!! Dad
ReplyDeleteGoodluck on Tuesday. I will be thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteAlso, your cakes look good!! Nice job.
Love,
MOM