Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

This Christmas, Grant and I were able to make it back to Ohio for about a week and a half. We both took time off from work and left North Carolina on Wednesday, the 23rd, after Grant was done with work. Since we left late, we only drove half way and stopped in Virginia for the night. We finished driving the next morning and made it home in time to finish up some Christmas shopping, have dinner at Grant's parents house, and go to 10:00pm Christmas Eve church service with my mom and grandma. Here are some photos after we got back that night. Don't you love Wizzo's elf outfit?!
This morning we woke up and celebrated our own little Christmas. We exchanged gifts and then let Wizzo open up one of his gifts. He needed a little help getting the paper started, but he did a good job getting the rest off!
We had lunch with the Saum Family and opened gifts with everyone who could make it to the house. It's always an entertaining time at the Saum house! :) Later, we headed over to my dad's and Sheryl's house to visit with them. My step-sisters and step-brother were there with some of their kids. It's always funny to see if they remember me or not. I'm always amazed at how big they are getting, since I remember them as babies! Anyway, we had some food over there too, and opened up our gifts. Wizzo also went along, but we had to put him in his crate for a bit. Some of the kids were a little nervous around him, but I think he was nervous too! He hasn't been around too many kids. I guess I didn't take any pictures while we were there either. :(

This evening, we headed over to my mom's house and had dinner. Rick and my grandma also came over. Wizzo got his second gift and did a much better job opening this time! He also destroyed the toy in about 2 minutes. Good thing it was free!!
Overall, we had a nice Christmas. We've got plans to meet up with some friends in the next few days and try to fit in as much as we can in such a short amount of time while we're here. We have to head back to North Carolina on Saturday January 2nd. Hope you all have/had a wonderful holiday season! :)

Oh and I almost forgot! Here are some pictures of cut-out cookies I made for the Cookie Drive on base. The first picture is of the cookies that I finished and gave to the Airmen. I didn't actually decorate those in the second picture for the drive because I ran out of time, so I finished them a little later that week. I loved them! And they were yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment