Tuesday, June 29, 2010

We bought a house!!

That's right, we bought a house! When we found out we were going to be moving to Idaho, we decided that we were tired of living on base and wanted to start making our money count! So we I  had been looking at houses on the internet for quite some time. Grant didn't start seriously looking until early March. When we arrived in Mountain Home, we arranged to see as many houses as possible with our real estate agent (who was awesome!) over the next few days. We spent two days looking at houses and put an offer on one at the end of the 2nd day. After about a week of negotiating back and forth, we were officially under contract!

We had a tentative closing date for May 4th, so we spent the month of April in the TLF (hotel) on base. We were super excited to get the keys and have the movers deliver our stuff. So we've been in the house since May 4th (movers came on the 5th), and yes, I've been slacking that long to write this post. I realize many of you have been waiting for this, and I do apologize. I had every intention to do this on the 4th. I even took the pictures that day! Obviously, we have been making some changes and updating some things, so I will post those as we finish those projects. We just got new furniture for our bedroom and side tables and entertainment center for our living room today!! LOVE!

So anyway, here are a few pictures from the day we got the keys. Enjoy! :)

(This picture is from earlier in the month, after we were under contract. I had to get a picture of the sign....SALE PENDING!!)
This bedroom is off the left of the hallway as you come in the front of the house.
This bedroom is off the right of the hallway.
Extra full bathroom next to the bedroom in the last picture.
Living room looking in from the hallway.
Living room looking from the dining room/kitchen area.
Dining room, which is off the right of the kitchen.
Office "nook" that is in the hallway leading back to the Master bedroom. You can sort of see it in the picture of the dining room.
The laundry room and door to the garage are off the same hallway, directly across from the "nook."
Master Bedroom, looking in from the door.
Master Bedroom Closet, which is off the bottom right in the last picture. It has two top shelves on the other side and one rod to hang clothes. It's pretty good size!
Master Bathroom, which is off the left side of the room as you come in the door, opposite of the windows. Full size shower, with 2 benches!
Double sinks!
Patio...entrance is off the dining room.
Patio and deck
This side of the house faces east. The windows are the Master Bedroom. Not sure what/where the large stones came from.
North side of the house. Door goes into the garage.

Uhh...this is how our stuff came the morning of the delivery. Kinda scary?
This mountain of paper came out of ONE box!
Think I have too much kitchen stuff? ;)


Hope you enjoyed the tour! Hopefully we can get some before/after pictures up soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment